In AA1: Foundations of Anatomical Acupuncture, you will examine the history of acupuncture and the current research underlying the physiological mechanisms of acupuncture and how it works from the anatomical perspective. You will explore the meridian system and how this integrates with the anatomical approach. At the end of this course, you will be able to locate and provide the rationale for effective acupuncture points for treatment for a variety of conditions.
What You Will Learn in AA1: Foundations of Anatomical Acupuncture
- Compare the basic concepts and theories of Anatomical and Classical Acupuncture.
- Explain the theories of the mechanisms of action related to acupuncture.
- Assess the patient for acupuncture treatment within scope of practice.
- Formulate a treatment plan.
- Monitor treatment for patient reaction to needling.
- Identify hazards, complications and precautions for safe needling.
- Communicate treatment plan and risks and benefits of acupuncture treatment to the patient.
- Locate acupuncture points using anatomical landmarks.
- Use specific needling techniques and practical clinical applications for 39 acupuncture points.
- Integrate acupuncture points into treatment of conditions such as whiplash, frozen shoulder, back, hip, knee, ankle and foot pain.
- Apply safety protocols and manage risk to patients.
- Apply learning in case treatment plans.
- Chinese Acupuncture & Moxibustion, 3rd ed., 2010
- Manual of Neuro-Anatomical Acupuncture Vol. I, 1999
You can purchase the textbooks from ETD Inc. or Eastern Currents. Ask for the Acupuncture Canada AA1 book package.
You must be fully licensed with one of the Regulated Health Professionals accepted by Acupuncture Canada, or a final year student currently attending university or chiropractic college. A provisional license with a regulatory college is not acceptable for enrolment. If you are participating in an onsite session of the course in a province in which you are not licensed, you may require a courtesy registration. Please contact the regulatory college in the province where the onsite session is taking place to confirm their requirements. Please review our cancellation policy before registering.
$1285.00* plus applicable taxes
* Courses are offered at a discounted price for students. The student rate is only available if you are currently a full-time, final-year student at a university.
COVID-19 update: Some spring and summer 2020 courses were postponed and have all been rescheduled now. All course dates listed on the website are firm at this point in time, unless we receive notice from public health that gatherings cannot be held. We are limiting enrolments in courses, to keep groups small. There is daily screening at the onsite components of courses and PPE is required. Please contact us if you have any questions about our safety protocols during Covid-19.