In AA2: Clinical Applications in Anatomical Acupuncture, you will learn more acupuncture points. You will use your knowledge of these new points combined with what you have learned in AA1 to treat a variety of conditions with acupuncture. Additionally, you will explore the use of electrotherapy as a treatment option. Some of the clinical applications reviewed will include trigeminal neuralgia, TMJ, whiplash, frozen shoulder, knee conditions, lumbosacral and hip conditions.
What You Will Learn in AA2: Clinical Applications in Anatomical Acupuncture
- Assess the patient within the scope of practice.
- Assess the suitability and safety of acupuncture treatment.
- Formulate a treatment plan.
- Provide pre and post-treatment protocol.
- Evaluate outcomes.
- Locate acupuncture points using anatomical landmarks.
- Use specific needling techniques and practical clinical applications for acupuncture points.
- Select electrotherapy treatment options.
- Explain treatment plans for cancer care and pain.
- Prepare treatment plans for a variety of conditions, including disorders of the upper extremity, lower extremity, back, abdomen, neck and face.
- Manage risks to practice including infection control protocols, medical equipment certification, informed consent and proper documentation.
- Integrate acupuncture points into the treatment of conditions such as facial pain, headaches, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow, myofascial pain syndrome, neuropathy and chronic and cancer pain.
- Apply learning in case treatment plans.
- Chinese Acupuncture & Moxibustion, 3rd, 2010
- Manual of Neuro-Anatomical Acupuncture Vol. I, 1999
- Manual of Neuro-Anatomical Acupuncture Vol. II, 2001
Acupuncture Canada Membership plus Foundations of Anatomical Acupuncture (AA1) course has to be completed. If you are participating in an onsite session of the course in a province in which you are not licensed, you may require a courtesy registration. Please contact the regulatory college in the province where the onsite session is taking place to confirm their requirements. Please review our cancellation policy before registering.
$1285.00 plus applicable taxes